In episode 60 I deal with two recent objections I encountered in a TheologyWeb discussion thread to my position that the Olivet Discourse, at least up to verse 34, has been fulfilled. As a result, I have a lot of drywall patching to do at my house. And my head hurts. The two objections deal with whether Matthew 24:34 can be translated as “that generation” and if all the stones of the Temple predicted in Matthew 24:1-2 have really all been thrown down.
- Why do futurists believe the OD has yet to be fulfilled? TheologyWeb discussion thread
- Nominative Case in New Testament Greek
- The Strange Story of the False Wailing Wall
Sad when Christians use the arguments of unbelievers
Other Episode Credits and Information
- Burning Down the House by The Dave Matthews Band
- Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim
- Who Let the Dogs Out? by Baha Men
- Two Sets of Jones’ by Big Tent Revival
- Theme from the Beverly Hillbillies
- Circle by Barbra Streisand
- Clip from Airplane!
- Clip from The Princess Bride
- Clip from Billy Madison
- All Fired Up by Pat Benatar
Please Support the Show and Help Raise Money for my Upcoming Debate with Alan Kurchner
I am very pleased to announce that I am now an affiliate with Audible, a service that I have zealously used for years. If you use the link below to sign up for a 14-day free trial, this site gets some lettuce to help pay for the site expenses.
Dee Dee can be reached email@example.com or on her voicemail at (561) 318-3066 and can be followed on Twitter (hyperpreterists and those who might as well be hyperpreterists, don’t bother; I will block you). Visit the PreteristSite’s Information Page for more information on Dee Dee and the various preterist websites. The Preterist Blog, Site, and Podcast now has a Facebook fan page, please join! There is also and Orthodox Preterist Facebook page, be sure to join that one as well and support the brethren. Just for fun, check this one out as well.
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe to Audio Feed in podcatcher of your choice
- Subscribe via Podcast Alley
- Subscribe via Podcast Pickle
- Subscribe to show notes
Please remember to leave a review on iTunes if you like the show. Here is how to be able to have an iTunes account without having to give them a credit card number.